Logging window accessible for all players on the "This Room" tab

Whenever you are circuiting, it is always great to see your log window and when issues are happening.

The problem comes when you are playtesting, and while you aren’t having issues, other players are.

Lack of a log screen for all players is a common pain point for me, and probably many other creators have to deal with it; whenever we want to debug somebody else’s problems or errors they might be having, we cannot because we can’t see what the other player’s logs are.

I want the “logging” window to be a tab or a new button in the watch’s “This Room” tab. That would help me and many other creators find issues and fix them faster, and it would just be so great to have.

3 Likes

It’s just a matter of relying on human cooperation. But I totally agree that Rec Room should implement this.

I’m unsure if there’s a more elegant solution to this, but it sounds like you want other players in the room to be able to see what errors they have occuring on their end and tell you what they are.

Currently, you can do this by spawning in a text screen and configuring all the options to sync, show timestamps and show errors on the text screen itself.

I propose a way for you to be able to see the separate logs of each player in the room, like a tab inside the logging tab, where you can select which player you want to diagnose errors on and their error logs would be streamed to your device.

3 Likes