The ability to toggle off whether other players can make events in your room

As shown in the screenshot, people love to clog up the events tab in my room with events that will take place in a few decades. To prevent this, I suggest adding a feature when you can toggle if certain permissions (everyone, host, mod, contributor etc…) can make events in your room. If you like this suggestion, please upvote it!

6 Likes

I was going to make a request about this, it’s a big problem that I’m dealing with as well as many other creators.

Personally it’s only kids who spam events with crazy dates (01/05/9999 for example), but I’ve already seen (more than I should) double account events harassing map creators. Which is much more problematic.

5 Likes

I sure hope this is implemented. In the recent AMA hosted by Shawn, they discussed creators being able to hide or remove photos from your room. This could also fall under this. But their answer to hiding photos was:

Yeah, yeah, this one I’m going to have to go talk to the, the social team. I imagine their answer would be yes. that sounds like a really good feature to me. Often when we go and look into, like, kind of trust and safety features, there’s a lot of nuance that isn’t apparent on the surface.

3 Likes

Was there ever a time where you had to be a mod in order to start a public event in someone else’s room? I remember back when I first published TheLithiumBar, I had a mod tell me that he wasn’t able to make an event for my room and I never understood what I did to let him make events after that. Coincidentally, it started working after I turned on “can start games?” Under the permission settings for mods, and thought that was what allowed people to create events, for the longest time :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

They should especially make it so BANNED PLAYERS can’t make events in your room. Some people are spamming events just to get me to unban them. In my opinion, banned players shouldn’t even be able to see the room they got banned from.

4 Likes