No pivot point in rooms2.0

What device/platform are you having the problem on?

PC

Description

There is no “show pivot point” setting in rooms2.0, but it used to be there in the first months of R2

3 Likes

This bug gets so annoying because I can’t fix it

1 Like

I don’t use the maker pen a lot to model stuff but on my end I’m quite sure I’ve seen it appear during some test I did last week. But most of the time it’s missing on my end as well on PC and PCVR.

1 Like

Can you check if you can see it now? I went to R2 room today and pivot point was visible, but it doesn’t appear while testing R2 room through RRS

1 Like

I tested yesterday. First on PC screen, no pivot point. (You could see the pivot point when selecting a container, but once you edit the container, the pivot wouldn’t show up anymore).

Then later I went to check something unrelated in R2.0, but on PCVR this time, and I noticed that now the pivot was showing up and I was able to select it and move it.

So it appears to be random.

Edit : Yeah, it’s completely random. I just tested again on PC screen, I kept going between 2 R2.0 room, creating a random cube, checking to see if the pivot point would show up, and on my 4th try (so 2nd try in the same room) the pivot started working.
So basically:

1. Room A, no pivot.
  2. Room B, no pivot.
  3. Room A, no pivot.
  4. Room B, pivot!!!

(Without saving before switching room.)

1 Like

That’s interesting, because for me pivot appeared for the first time in months. Thanks for checking it!

I think you on PC have a higher chance to see it
Because on quest I have seen it once since the bug happened and I have visited a R2 room like 200 to 300 times already

1 Like

Theres pivots in 2.0 rooms?
I haven’t even seen a pivot in a 2.0 room
I honestly thought they didnt exist anymore

Yeah, that’s the problem. Pivot is supposed to be there

1 Like

It’s for sure random! It seems to appear and disappear for awhile, and thankfully it’s here for me now:

@Rooster_8075 this is what they should look like, and you should be able to move and rotate them inside their containers!

3 Likes

I have never seen that pivot in 2.0 rooms ever tho i like how it looks

I just saw an update on this bug internally. We’re not able to reproduce the bug reliably. I believe one engineer only saw it once and then every other time we’ve tried we couldn’t reproduce it. Are people still seeing this bug? If so any info on what platform you’re on and especially info on how you can reliably reproduce the bug / what conditions is it happening in would be great!

@MacaroniLove @Blue_di @Evertide @NGCreate - if yall can go test in RR today or sometime soon and post your results we can re-open this bug if someone is able to find a room where it never works. if so let us know the room name and we can go check it out.

2 Likes

Since this was posted it was already fixed

2 Likes

They fixed the bug where the pivot point doesn’t show up in rooms 2? Will there ever be an update for rooms 1 where we can move the pivot point? @Shawn

1 Like

It’s in Rooms1, you have to toggle show pivot in maker pen general settings

2 Likes

Can you toggle this in rooms 2 or is it always supposed to be on?

1 Like

There is no pivot toggle in R2, but it’s supposed to be always visible

2 Likes

We need this.

Seriously.

1 Like

is everyone else in the thread seeing this issue resolved for them too? If anyone is still experiencing it let me know

3 Likes

For me yeah ive seen what the pivot looks like and it hasn’t disappeared once

1 Like