Enhancing Creative Rewards in Rec Room! 🎨

It’s been over three years since the Creative Club started offering classes and workshops, and I think it’s time we see some real upgrades in the items we get for completing them. Many creators have put in over 100 hours teaching :clock3: or have hosted more than 45 workshops :mortar_board:, and yet the rewards haven’t changed much in a while. I’m realizing that if we had more items :gift: to earn for completing Creative Classes or Workshops, we’d likely see an even bigger player base stepping up as teachers and workshop hosts.

This Creator Forum is all about pushing for those changes! Let’s talk about how we can get more rewards for our hard work :muscle:, whether it’s new items, gear, or something completely fresh :star2:. More incentives mean more creators stepping into teaching and hosting, which means a stronger, more creative community overall. So, if you’re like me and think it’s time for an upgrade, come join the conversation! Let’s make it happen! :sparkles:

12 Likes

alota emojis

Thanks, Creativity Is Key!

3 Likes

This sounds great but this will cause a huge increase in low quality classes and workshop submissions for these rewards. A similar situation happened with the tutorial program. It was filled with low quality submissions that filled up the que and delayed the reopening of submissions by months.

Sorry for making a bad thing about this post but it will happen, but i believe if they do bring out more rewards, it will encourage a ton of teachers and other creative people to learn more no matter if they are new or experienced. They just need to prepare for the huge push of low quality submissions

4 Likes

Something other than the gowns would be cool to see but the sign up needs to be changed because not everyone has access to discord. I personally live a social media free lifestyle so we need some other process (preferably email)

1 Like

Thank you for raising this concern! You’re absolutely right that an increase in rewards could lead to more low-quality submissions, as we saw with the tutorial program. However, to mitigate this, there should definitely be clear requirements in place to ensure that the classes or workshops maintain a high standard of learning and teaching. Additionally, it’s crucial to avoid any “cash grab” development within these rooms. By setting these guidelines, we can encourage creators to focus on providing genuine value and quality education, rather than just chasing rewards. Proper preparation and review processes will be key to managing this balance.

3 Likes

Thanks for your input! I agree, having other sign-up options would make things more accessible for people who don’t use Discord. An email-based system or something within the platform itself would help include more people. And yeah, it would be cool to see some different rewards besides the gowns to keep things interesting!

1 Like